ORME: MASCARPONE AND TONKA FOAM, CRUMBLE AND TARRAGON
FOR THE HAZELNUT STREUSEL
1. Work all the ingredients together, crumble on a mat and bake in the oven at 160°C for 16 min.
2. Allow to cool.
FOR THE MASCARPONE MOUSSE
1. Rehydrate the gelatine in water.
2. Heat the milk and dissolve the gelatine.
3. Mix the mascarpone and the cream.
4. Combine all the mixes and grate in the tonka bean.
5. Put into a 500g siphon with gas canister.
6. Allow to rest in the fridge for 12hrs.
FOR THE DATE CAKE
1. Whip the butter with half the sugar, add the eggs and the remaining sugar and make a foamy mixture.
2. Boil the dates in water with baking soda for 20 minutes.
3. Whisk and sieve.
4. Add the eggs to the flour mixed with the baking powder and the creamed dates.
5. Cook at 170°C for 20 mins.
6. Remove from the mould, cut into cubes, freeze then blend with the cocoa to make the “ground”.
FOR THE TREE-SHAPED WAFERS
1. Blend all the ingredients together, spread into the Pavoni Italia GG023 Tree moulds and bake in the oven at 160°C for 8 mins.
2. Remove while still hot to give the curved shape.
1. Put the tonka bean mousse on the plate.
2. Cover with the hazelnut, cocoa and tarragon powders.
3. Place the footprint in the centre and top it off with the cocoa branches.